Thursday, September 6, 2012

Spikes, Side Ponies, & Flowers

Good morning! I wanted to do a quick little outfit post on what I wore last night to the Shecky's Girls Night Out shopping event. It's still in the upper 80/90s so I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't die of a heat stroke while enjoying the shopping festivities. Needless to say a sheer top & short shorts were the result :)
Robe (worn as a blouse),Shorts (DIY), & Purse-THRIFTED,  Necklace-CHARMING CHARLIES, Wedges-MACYS

This robe/shirt/jacket is such a fun versatile piece that you can pair with almost anything! If it looks familiar that's because it is :) I wore it to a Cap FABB event several months ago & styled it with a skirt & nude heels (click here to see). I have been wearing this spikey necklace to death since it amps up any outfit! I don't know if Charming Charlies is carrying it anymore, but I found one HERE that is similar & costs under $4!! Also, for all of you ladies out there that carry huge bags everyyyywhere I really suggest trying to shrink down to a smaller purse when you can. It makes such a HUGE difference & it's a lot easier to move/shop around without a huge bag slamming into everything. I found this purse at the thrift store a while ago for $3, but don't worry you can still get one because every time I go thrifting I see plenty of them.

For those of you that are in the DMV area I highly suggest you come out to Georgetown tonight to experience Fashion's Night Out- Georgetown! There are going to be specials going on at lots of the stores as well as extended hours. You can click here to see what shops will be participating tonight :)

4 comments:

  1. That bag is thrifted?? Whaaaa I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! The robe working as a knotted top? Fantastic idea. And liking the bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you last night, sorry we couldn't talk longer! Hope to see you around again soon!

    And what a good idea knotting a robe and wearing it as a top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is super cute!!

    -Jenn
    chīsana blogger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...