Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Crock-Pot Taco Chicken

When I first saw this recipe I thought that there was no way that it was going to be as good as all of the comments made it sound ... I mean come on it was pretty much 3 ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, & Seasonings. I personally chose to add an onion & a green pepper to the mix, cooked it on high for 3-4 hours, & since I didn't have a packet of taco seasoning I made my own using this recipe. I still can't believe how flavorful & moist the chicken turned out, & let me tell you I made not only tacos out of this chicken but quesadillas & nachos as well :)
Dump it all in & forget about it! When it's finished cooking shred the 
chicken with two forks & then place it back in the crock-pot to absorb all the juices. 
^^ Taco ^^
^^ Quesadilla ^^
^^ Nachos^^

Excuse the crappy iPhone pictures, but the fact is that I was more concerned about consuming than documenting once the chicken was done. This recipe was an absolute dream, & I will definitely be making it again ... once I have a new crock-pot lid :( When I was pulling the crock-pot down a few days after I made the chicken, the lid flew off of it & shattered all across the kitchen floor. Anyways, other than that minor casualty everything is good over here, including the fact that I just registered for the Nike Women's Half Marathon .. whoot whoot here's to me not fainting lol!! 

5 comments:

  1. I need to use my crockpot more often!! You can do this marathon! I'll be rooting for you girl! That quesadilla looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should!! It's especially great for when you want to make a larger portion for lunch leftovers :)

      Delete
  2. You just made me hungry this morning! I must try this over the weekend while were snowed in! lol

    xoxo,
    Vogue & Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know, I made myself hungry too! You really should though, it's a fantastic recipe & what else are we supposed to do other than eat while we're snowed in?!

      Delete
  3. yay crockpots! i've been obsessed with mine lately!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3