Sunday, July 6, 2014

OOTD: Paisley in Brooklyn

Oh NYC you are quite breath taking :) David & I decided to brave the super hot sticky temps the other day to explore Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO & get a good look at the Brooklyn Bridge! One of my favorite things about NYC (besides the food .. obvi) is the gorgeous architecture, whether it be the spectacular bridges or the beautiful buildings, your eyes are forever being entertained. This outfit is a special outfit, because it's what I wore to my first NYC interview!! It's so different picking out an interview outfit for a fashion related job vs. a "normal" job, because you want to show your creative fashionable side, while still looking like an adult or something like that :) Anyways, it was an awesome first interview & I really like what I know about the brand so far .. so I'm keepin my fingers & toes crossed! In case you didn't notice, I had some fun with a few different filters on the photos to stick with the vintage vibe of the skirt & sunnies, what do ya think??

Top: TOBI, Skirt-THRIFTED (DIY), Necklace-CHARM, Heels-NINE WEST Sunnies-THRIFTED

This gorgeous paisley skirt was originally a cheap vintage thrift store find, but the only problem was that it was originally a dress & way too busy! I decided to take scissors to it per usual (sound familiar??), & thank goodness I did otherwise it would've stayed on the hanger for the rest of eternity. It was hard to find a necklace that went well with the peter pan style collar of my crop top, so I decided to switch things up. I tucked the majority of this statement necklace under the collar so that only a small portion was visible, & it ended up sort of looking like a cute broach :) On a less cute note, let's talk about how much of a creepy old lady vibe my sunglasses are giving off lol. It's definitely time to retire them & let the circle of life come full circle .. aka donate them back to the thrift store. I borrowed my lovely roomie's lip stain for the interview (lipstick ALWAYS ends up on my teeth) & I haven't been this impressed with a makeup product in a minute, expect a full review soon!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July, I had way too much fun last year hehe :)

1 comment:

  1. Wave. You look absolutely gorgeous! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3