Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Vive La Crepe

As some of you may or may not know, I'm half French! I may not speak it, but I definitely love to eat it & that's exactly what I did yesterday :) Since David & I hadn't made it to Central Park yet, we decided to do a cute little picnic there yesterday afternoon. I'd been craving crepes for a while, so I couldn't have been happier when David mentioned that there was a crepe shop not too far from where we were headed. I think that a lot of people think of desserts when they here the word 'crepe', but there are tons of good savory options as well. When we stepped into Vive La Crepe I thought that it looked pretty legit thanks to the Evian waters & tiny glass coke bottles in the front, & then I saw that even their main website had a French url .. aka this place was legit :) We decided to try 3 different crepes, 2 savory & 1 sweet one to split for dessert.

Crepe 1: Prosciutto, Raclette, Gruyere Cheese, & Sliced Potatoes 
Crepe 2: Smoked Salmon, Fresh Spinach, Cream Cheese, & Capers
Crepe 3: Nutella & Sliced Bananas


I would say that the salmon crepe was the best followed by the Nutella one, but I'd be willing to go back & try them both again just to make sure :) Also, I don't normally spend $30 for a "carry-out" meal, but I'm really glad that we did because they were super delicious & hit the spot (however, I will say $2 for a few banana slices seems excessive)! It might not look like a large portion, but I was contently full after eating the savory crepe & had just enough room left for the dessert one :) I really liked that the crepes were made right in front of us, & the ingredients all tasted very fresh. If you're in the mood for a crepe, want to try something new, or just need a portable culinary option I would definitely check out Vive La Crepe! Make sure to check back tomorrow to see the complete outfit <3

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3